Main Street Yoga makes space available for ongoing opportunities to explore outside of our drop-in classes – workshops, short series, and immersions provide a platform to explore yoga on and off the mat. Our inspired teaching community and guests provide the earnest student with ample options to dive-in through the seasons with these periodic offerings. Please contact our instructors directly for more information or to register for upcoming programs.
Healthy embodiment is influenced by a harmonious flow between the distinct function of each part. The connective tissue gives a lens to explore this possibility - dynamic, intelligent, and the structure that holds us all together. In this three hour immersion, we will:
* Discover the role of the connective tissue in knitting together the whole body, and in rebuilding after illness, surgery, or injury
* Learn principals of alignment - on and off the mat - to support robust joints, a supple muscle body, and well-functioning organs
* In a creative Movement Lab, explore familiar yoga postures and their effects on the continuum of connective tissue and the influence on overall health
* Put into practice this new understanding, in a moderate flow-based practice bringing awareness to the layers of fascia in purposeful sequencing
* Unwind unconscious tension after an energizing movement practice with supported rest and guided meditation, providing space for integration
$35 if registered in advance | $45 drop-in
Join Iris Mickey and Claudia Greco for this 6-week series exploring embodied practices that help to build trust in the experience as it unfolds. We will practice with the premise that is is possible to connect to all of our humanness to develop and know our own inner resourcefulness. Safety is key in this class, providing a space for students to explore what feels right, and what does not, and deciding freely.
In this introductory course, we will use practices of intention and centering, body and breath sensing, movement practices, inquiry and journaling, and guided meditation through yoga nidra to end each session.
Join Jessica Becker for Mother-Daughter Yoga classes in 2018. This is a rich opportunity to spend time in the studio with your daughter(s). We will play with some of the simple and fundamental rituals of a yoga class, including breath work, mantra, and mindfulness. We'll also dance and sing and move through yoga asana. After some snuggly-relaxing time, we'll share tea, talk, and mess around with markers making mandalas.
All classes will include time to do yoga poses, learn chants, practice mindfulness, make art and play on our mats. Classes will be creative, intentional, and loving. Jessica's intention is to offer the essence of yoga practice - connection between mind, body, and breath - in ways that are fun and satisfying for adults and kids.
The class is best for girls ages 4-9. If you have questions or would like to be added to Jessica's email list, please contact Jessica.